Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bring that bear

Hey guys! So, I'm going to attempt to keep things a little less crazy today seeing as I rarely know where I'm going with things or if they have a point. I think I will talk about MMOs. Whats that you ask?
Get out. For those of you who do know I've found myself playing vanilla WoW on a private server lately and I must say it's slow paced and half the time you don't know where to go but, thats just what I want. I'm tired of being able to reach level 20 in 2 hours, or games babying me guiding me where to go. Which leads me into my first point games in general these days are too easy. In terms of leveling, games are afraid to see you grind because they don't want to seem boring so they either A. making leveling way easier than it should be, or B. make sure you don't grind by putting training wheels on your character and guiding you through a one way tutorial that drops you off at a relatively high level. This is just ridiculous to me can't anyone figure anything out by themselves anymore, I mean isn't that part of the fun? Either that or people are just too lazy and dependent to be expected to do anything by/for themselves anymore. That doesn't just go for video games this can be applied to life. All the safety rules and regulations keep us all alive so they must be good right? Wrong. When this power is abused people can't so much as move without there being some kind of law to protect them or inhibit them. In my opinion and only my opinion, people should choose for themselves if they don't want to wear helmets then fine let them. It's their fault if they hit their head if they get concussed. If people want to talk on phones in cars let them. When kids don't want to do their work, just let them make their own choices. You know why? Because they will either die, or learn from their mistakes. The ones who live will learn to take responsibility for their actions, the ones who don't learn won't live very well. This generation is driving me insane. It sounds hypocritical but I see it the way it is and we are babied as a society and children aren't learning discipline or responsibility. I tell you guys I'm genuinely scared to leave the fate of the world in my generations hands. It's going to be quite the bumpy ride and hopefully a time for radical change. Thanks for listening children. Get the reference? Also the picture is more related than you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture!

    Consider this. If everyone was to act according to their own measure of appropriate behaviour, we might be in trouble. I don't worry about the silly people who don't care about themselves, but I do worry about all those around them who are affected or hurt affected because of reckless behavior. The texting or sleepy driver will often surface unscathed, but the person he/she hits might not be so lucky. That dog in the picture though probably drives better than I do :) M. Morton

    ReplyDelete