Friday, November 2, 2012

Not actually on a quest for goat roast

Following the rules I have laid down for myself, I will now attempt to seriously blog about a game I have recently played. I had mentioned before that I played vanilla World of Warcraft not too long ago. What I haven't mentioned is yesterday I started playing on a private Cataclysm server (it's an expansion for WoW). My reason for this sometimes easier is better... yes, I know what you're thinking and my rant still applies, however there are some cases when you just have to trust the game developers to have made a more interesting experience for you. For example I've been playing vanilla for about 4 days now and I'm level 13, I played Cataclysm for an hour and reached level 6, and had much more money than my higher level character, but there's a reason for this. Blizzard (The game company) has decided that nobody wants to stay a low purposeless level so they rush you through it but they keep a good story throughout it. In conclusion sometimes games can being easier, doesn't mean they are less fun, the story just has too be good, and you have to feel like you're in control. Finally the reason original WoW is so hard is because of all the inconveniences that blizzard hasn't worked out yet. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment