 |
| Just like this little guy wants to be a snowman. |
Woot two years in a row champions. I thought I'd let you know but that is not what todays topic is... well I'm not sure does it really matter? Has it ever really mattered before? On a related note when is Dream Theater's next album out? Probably 2013? I don't know. On another related note when is Animals as Leaders next album out? As you have guessed I hate waiting for new albums. I'm a drummer and I do lots of covers of songs and I have a few favourites I play and practice quite a lot. I'm always open to new material that goes somewhere. That's why I love progressional metal. It most often has a purpose and a destination within the song, and if it doesn't then the album will most likely take you on a journey. I just love when songs and albums tell a story using lyrical ambiguousness, changing keys, time signatures, and genres of playing. Enough about my life tell me about yours. Whats that? You don't want to? Well fine. I'm kind of addicted to WoW now... On the bright side it's free because it's a private server, but it's still kind of time consuming. Scratch that extremely time consuming. I just can't stop and the worst part of it is that I keep making new characters so I never get anywhere. I feel like this can be related to life. Let me take you on a bit of a stretch but a believable one. More often than not people are good at a lot of things. People enjoy doing many different things because of variety, and it appeals to different aspects of their lives and personalities. For example I act, play musical instruments, play football, and also enjoy working with computers. None of these things are even close to related to each other, and yet I like them all. Now imagine if you will if I had focused on a single thing for this example we will use drumming. I would without a doubt be at least 3x better on drums and I'm not half bad as it is so thats a pretty large number. What I'm trying to get at here is that it's nice to do a whole lot of things you like, but if you can focus on one earlier in life you might just make a career out of it in your future. There would honestly be no better feeling than doing what you love because you worked hard at it, and stayed focused as a viable job opportunity. So just remember be who you want to be even if it means letting some of the things you like go. That just means you will have a higher chance of doing what you love instead. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment