It indeed was the start of something very new I found myself in awe of the storyline and gameplay. It was just a wonder to play through. Although I played on the highest difficulty from the get go I still had little problem with enjoying the story. A problem I've encountered in previous games is that the harder the difficulty the less you enjoy the story. You tend to get distracted with the frustration of dying once every five minutes or so depending on the mission, and lose sight of the story or objective as a whole. While I may be over-exaggerating how hard the game actually is, it's something to keep in mind when approaching the halo franchise.
What was so refreshing about the story?
Well for starter the covenant are back with a full head of steam, elites that were once allies come back into the fight as your enemy for the first time since halo 2. (Of course halo reach included elites but it is technically a prequel so I will treat it as such.) To make things even more interesting a new form of enemy all together called the forerunners has appeared. While being mentioned many times in the previous games they have never made their appearance until now, and they are a sight to see. The forerunners contain three different types of enemies which can work as a team using different strategies based on how many of which units they have. It provides an enjoyable challenge that requires players to have both skill, and a well thought out plan to take on.

To top it all off bungie who was originally at the head of the halo franchise was bought out by microsoft I believe ( don't quote me on that.) leaving 343 the developing company to fend for themselves. They did just that. A graphic overhaul redoing many of the games guns, vehicles, and even master chief ( the protagonist's) battle suit.
This game has alot of elements of a really good movie in it's cutscenes the beginning of the game was believably life like and a joy to watch. It gave you goosebumps as you anticipated getting to play, while enticed by the story it's throwing you into. I'll link the opening scene at the end of the review.
A final mention to the score of this game. The music is absolutely gorgeous and extremely well composed to suit the specific scenes and invoke appropriate emotions and reactions from the players. While it isn't my favourite soundtrack from the franchise I enjoyed it thoroughly and would recommend it assuming you've played a few of the other games. If your curious my favourite soundtrack was from Halo 3 even if you aren't a gamer check it out, it's more than worth a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKanxNE-FT4
Thanks for your time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKanxNE-FT4

No comments:
Post a Comment